Thursday, January 15, 2004

I had the pleasure of visiting Sweden a few years ago, right at this time. I thought I would find it very depressing - only a few hours of sunlight each day, snow, cold - such a change from LA.

To the contrary I found Sweden wonderful. I loved Stockholm. I adored the people. I found myself feeling totally at home, though in a very different culture.

There was even something oddly familiar to me to find the sun starting to set at 2 PM when it had only really fully risen at noon.

Sweden is not a perfect place, for example there's a pretty bad problem with drugs and alcohol in Sweden. (This site was created to help that: Facta on Droger )

But to my American sensibilities, it is a magical land that entices me to return again.

I visited the Scientology church in Stockholm. Its web site is here: Scientologi-kyrkan i Stockholm, Sverige .

I met lots of Swedish Scientologists.

Here are some of their home pages:

Margarita Islas

Pia Björkegren

Helena Nydahl

Anki Paulsén a Scientologist

Berit Edborg

Bernt Jansson a Scientologist

Boris Burchard

Ann Swenne-Johansson

Seija Comacho Hytönen

Tia Andersson

Anders Arvidsson

Helena Lindroth

Micke König

Göran Björnänge

Björn Björkegren

Hillevi Cervin

Here are some more interesting Swedish sites about Scientology:

Scientologi-kyrkan Malmö

Scientologikyrkan Göteborg

Scientologi: En modern religions

Sverige Freedom: Scientologi-kyrkans officiella organ sedan 1968

This site, Scientology (CESNUR), includes and article on the Church of Scientology being recognized as a religion in Sweden.

I brought home with me a fondness and interest in all things Swedish and look forward to returning.




No comments: