Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I have some very good friends from Australia. I really like their temperment and sense of humor - there's such a cheeful and outgoing attitude among the Aussies I know.

We have quite a few Scientology churches in Australia, and they have some very interesting Scientolgy web sites too, such as this one about Dianetics..

I read Dianetics again recently. I've read it several times, but each time I get more out of it. I remember the first time I ever read it. It was quite a life-changing experience because I finally understood why people (myself included) act the way they do. I was determined right then and there to be a Dianetics Auditor (counselor) and sure enough, the things I've done to help others as an auditor are some of the most rewarding experiences I've ever had.

For example, there was a friend who had been in Viet Nam. He'd never been able to come to grips with why he survived and so many of his friends did not. He was stuck back there in time and so much of what he was going through in life was colored by his decisions from more than 30 years ago. Then when he came back home, he was so introverted and out of it he missed spotting that one of his best friends was really depressed. This friend committed suicide and he could never forgive himself for neglecting him what he needed help.

We took this up in an auditing session. And when we were done he felt truly cheerful for the first time in years.

He no longer felt he couldn't live his own life because others he could have helped had died.

To be able to help someone like that is about the most precious gift I can imagine.

When you think about it, the fact that L. Ron Hubbard not only figured out what was going on with people and the mind, and not only did he work out a therapy that will handle these things, but that he wrote it up in books, and recorded lectures on the subject and kept at it until he had worked out how he could train anyone on the subject - that is truly incredible.

Here are some sites for anyone who'd like to know more about Scientology, Dianetics and L. Ron Hubbard.

MavicaNet Scientology and Dianetics Directory
Dianetics: The Evolution of a Science
Dianetics Tone Scale Test
L. Ron Hubbard on Epolitix.org

No comments: