Sunday, August 06, 2006

Drug Education is Drug Prevention

I posted an entry a little while back - it was pretty short so will put it here in italics for easy reference:

When I look in the news I am often appalled about the effect drugs are having on our society, especially on the children, who are our future. That is why I really like to see all the good work the Jive Aces are doing to promote the message to “Say No To Drugs, Say Yes To Life” with concerts all over the world to raise awareness of the dangers of drugs and solutions to the drug problem.

When asked about the band’s strong anti-drug stance, lead singer Ian Clarkson said, “People look up to musicians and see them taking drugs and think that they then have to use them to be a great artist. What they don’t realize is that without drugs they would be a lot happier, play a lot better and live a lot longer”.
For more info on the “
Say No To Drugs, Say Yes To Life” campaign visit the Scientology anti-drug web site.

So, what I want to let people know about is that there is a new tool to help people let other people know about drugs - in other words something to help educate them. These are some new booklets I found out about from a friend of mine who was recently at the "Freewinds" ship attending the anniversary event that Mr. David Miscavige hosts each year. This is not a campaign just for the Scientology religion, it is for everyone.

I have started to read the booklets - they are fascinating and certainly give you the low down on drugs.
I think distributing these amongst young people is important and I believe info about them is posted on the sites I link to above.

No comments: