Monday, August 02, 2004

Love this quote from John Travolta in the Chicago Sun Times today:

"John Travolta: Scientology

Travolta credits the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard for his outlook on life. Following the '70s hits "Grease" and "Saturday Night Fever," his career faltered. It wasn't until 1994, when Quentin Tarantino cast him as hit man Vincent Vega in "Pulp Fiction," that Travolta got a slump-ending break. Until then, Scientology taught him to chin-up. "I guess I have almost always been a positive person, but my studies in Scientology have made me even more positive," he told Ananova.com. "There are folks in Hollywood who get addicted to suffering and pain and almost enjoy being sad. I'm not one of those." In a 1998 Redbook article, he praised Hubbard's wisdom for helping to organize his world. "You need a team around you that is close to flawless," he said. "You have to have people who love you and care about you. Otherwise, you won't make it." He added, "Scientology is the foundation of what allows me to produce so much."

No comments: